Emergency response: call 9-1-1
Granite Falls Police Department: 360-691-6611A non-profit organization that provides free and confidential services: emergency shelter, legal advocacy, support groups and domestic violence education. For information, call the 24-hour crisis hotline: 425-25-ABUSE (425-252-2873). You can also click on this link to their website. Here are some helpful suggestions from their website:
- In an emergency, call 911 for the police, get yourself and your children to a safe place, seek medical attention and call DVS for assistance.
- Be sure to take the problem seriously, it can happen again.
- Create a safety plan for you and your children. For information or assistance call 425-252-2873 (425-25 ABUSE). Collect calls are accepted and ALL calls are free and confidential
- The Domestic Violence Prevention Act allows victims to get legal protection without an attorney. Contact DVS or the court nearest you for assistance.
- Consider filing a police report. If no arrest is made, you may consider filing charges in a citizen's complaint.
- Save evidence such as photographs of bruises and other injuries, ripped clothing, etc
Children's Domestic Violence Program
Available through the Snohomish County YWCA. Works with parents to minimize the effects of domestic violence.
WA State HOTLINE: 1-800-562-6025
National HOTLINE: 1-800-799-SAFE; http://www.ndvh.org/
Faith Trust Institute:
A faith-based information (all
faiths) on Domestic Violence
Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of
206-568-7777 (Non-Emergency); TTY Message: 206-517-9670;