– Granite Falls
- Elementary and Middle School – the teachers/counselors/staff identify,
but parents can contact the school as well to check if their names have been
- Granite Falls High school – The Granite Falls School district food drive is run by
High school students and advised by Mr. Dinwiddie but has the whole school
district support, each building in our school district helps and refers people.
- Granite Falls Fire District #17 – Has a ‘Christmas House’ for parents to pick out
presents; Must provide
proof of residency in the Granite Falls School District or Fire District #17. Donations of new, unwrapped toys and clothing are appreciated, and may be left at the fire station.
- Holy Cross Outreach "Giving Tree" - families receive Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner, and children receive a gift. THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS APPLICATIONS are being taken during regular Outreach hours through November 12, 2016.
Located in modular trailer behind parish hall. From Granite Falls, go approximately 4 miles West of downtown Granite Falls.
Holy Cross is on the left directly off Hwy. 92
Mondays: 3:30-5:30 pm
Thursdays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Lake Stevens Rotary Club – Bikes for Tykes program for Christmas; coordinated
through School District in Granite Falls
FREE CHRISTMAS EVENTS -- FREE!
- FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER - Community Tree Lighting, Holiday Hat Contest, Santa, Caroling, Cookies, Hot Chocolate, and more starting at 5:00pm. At the Granite Falls Historical Museum, 109 S. Union Street (next to the Granite Falls Food Bank.)
- FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER - "Dickens Fair" at Lake Stevens High School. 10am - 4pm, with music performances, Santa photos, vendors, and more. Admission is a can of food for the food bank.
- 2017: The Monte Cristo Parent Group holds an annual Santa's Workshop Craft Night in December. Open to the community. Photos with Santa, fun craft projects, holiday shopping. Contact Crystal Frye at email@example.com for an application to participate, and/or information about event location.
Christmas House in Everett serves low-income in
Snohomish County -- 5 gifts per child, plus 1 family gift. No pre-registration. Click here for requirements to participate,
and the dates: www.christmas-house.org/shop
League of Everett, 5107 Evergreen Way, P.O. Box 3825, Everett, WA 98203, The
Assistance League, which runs a thrift store, provides clothing for kids in
need from throughout the county. For
more information, call 425-252-3011, or go to www.assistanceleagueofeverett.org.
Foster Kids Secret Santa Toy Drive,
sponsored by Sleep County USA. For more information, go to
Children’s Fund helps with ‘adopt a family’ holiday program. Anyone can write a referral letter, including
the family. Check site for deadline!. You will need to read the
website for detailed information about what the letter should include at www.forgottenchildrensfund.org.
Selected children receive a new coat, at least 3 toys, food staples and
for Tots campaign, run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, in Stanwood,
Arlington, Marysville and Lake Stevens. Donation bins are set up now at those
stores. More information is online at www.toysfortots.org.
Boy Scout Tree of Giving at the Everett Mall, 1000 SE Everett Mall Way. A joint project of the
mall, Fluke Corp. and the Mount Baker Council of Boy Scouts of America (INCLUDES GRANITE FALLS AND LAKE STEVENS),
the tree is covered with wish-list tags. Shoppers select a tag and purchase the
items listed. Tags represent the wishes of the elderly (many in nursing homes).
Mount Baker Council, 1715 100th Place SE, Everett, WA 98208. Call 425-338-0380.
Housing Hope, 5830 Evergreen Way,
Everett, WA 98203, provides affordable housing and services for low-income and
homeless residents of Snohomish County. (THIS PROGRAM SERVES PEOPLE LIVING IN
THEIR LAKE STEVENS APARTMENTS) Needed are those who will "adopt" a
Housing Hope family, choose an item off a wish list, or provide nonperishable
food, cleaning supplies, baby items or gift cards.
Operation Marysville Community
Christmas, P.O. Box 917, Marysville, WA 98270, helps families in need of
food, basic necessities and toys for the holidays. Food and unwrapped toys can
be dropped off at any of 50 red barrels in stores, fire stations, banks and
other locations around Marysville. To volunteer, contact Marysville Community
Food Bank at 360-658-1054.
Snohomish County Salvation Army,
2525 Rucker Ave., Everett, WA 98201, holiday service program needs support for
its annual Adopt a Family and Angel Tree programs. The Adopt a Family program
targets families in need by providing gifts for their children as well as food
for a holiday dinner. The Angel Tree program provides donors an angel tag gift
request representing a boy or girl up to age 14 in the Salvation Army social services
program. To learn more, clients can call 425-259-8129.
Sanctuary Ministries Clothing, 15533
75th Street NE (on the corner of SR 92), open every Thursday 10:30
a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Clothes to fit
everyone, some are new. Donations are
Joseph’s House, 1925 4th Street, Marysville. Free clothing and household items to
low-income families and individuals in Snohomish County. Open Thursdays 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and on Saturdays 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon.